[IronPython] Id: 356 unicode throws when creating a Unicode string from an invalid Unicode string (was Re: Importing embedded .py files)

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Jul 5 18:45:32 CEST 2006

Ahh, excellent!   I hadn't seen this mail yet when I wrote my other one, and this is exactly what I wanted to see (the call to str).

The only fix I can see for this at this time is supporting 2 different constructors for str & unicode, one which will throw if the conversion fails, and one which won't.