[IronPython] Modules available for IronPython?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jul 11 16:30:35 CEST 2006

Brian Rowe wrote:

>What standard Python modules are available in IronPython? Is there a process for adding missing libraries to the base distribution or is it left as a user exercise to add them from the standard Python distribution?

If you add the Python standard library to your sys.path, you will find
that the vast majority of it works.

If you find modules (or parts of modules) that don't work, and aren't
recorded on the codeplex bug tracker, then report them here and they
will be scheduled to be fixed 'some time'.

I *think* that is a basically correct summation of the situation. Some
parts of the standard library are implemented in C and *may* never work
with IronPython, although Seo has (had ?) something in progress that may
resolve that.

All the best,

Fuzzyman