[IronPython] Getting a call stack from an exception?

Lee Culver t-clacul at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 12 20:48:43 CEST 2006

I would like to print out a call stack from an exception object, much
like what the IronPython console does when an exception goes uncaught.
I have tried doing something like this:

try:

    ... #something that causes an exception

except Exception, e:

    print e

But, like python, this only prints out the message given to it.  I have
also tried this:

    print e.clsException

    print e.clsException.StackTrace

But these print out the stack trace which includes the IronPython
library c# code as well.  Is there a way to get the stack trace which
only contains the python call stack (like the one the console uses)?

Thanks

-Lee