[IronPython] Speed test

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 03:18:45 CEST 2006

Just fyi, here is my beta9 run of the speed test using the two files
referenced below.
The sum was 0.60 seconds, which is the second highest out of the
tested beta4 thru beta9.

Also, after fixing my project to work under beta9, it has also slowed
down.  With beta8 loading ConceptNet's default of 348,000 predicates
into the semantic network took an average of 151 seconds.  Beta9's
(after two runs on my 2.2ghz AMD, 512 ram laptop) averaged about
191.223493 seconds.

So that would be the only request from me, before 1.0 release, is to
see some speed improvements that resembled beta5 and beta6's
performance.  But I understand the challenges in that and probably
only a small amount of us developing IronPython projects have such a
request. :)

IronPython 1.0.60712 (Beta) on .NET 2.0.50727.42
>>> import sys,time
>>> sys.path.append('E:\\')
>>> import CNUDB
>>> cn=CNUDB.ConceptNetDB()
>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

('-- test took', '0.38', 'seconds. --\n')
>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

('-- test took', '0.06', 'seconds. --\n')
>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

('-- test took', '0.05', 'seconds. --\n')
>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

('-- test took', '0.05', 'seconds. --\n')
>>> cn.test('E:\\machine_All.txt')

('-- test took', '0.06', 'seconds. --\n')

sum = .60