[IronPython] IronPython 1.0 Beta 9 on Mono

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 05:13:36 CEST 2006

A long-standing issue regarding source code encoding declaration was
fixed recently. Mono bug #78714, revision 62079.

There was a Mono bug preventing class definition to work on console,
or in snippet mode. I wrongly reported it as an IronPython bug in
March. This is finally fixed. Mono bug #78253, revision 62369.
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2006-March/001928.html

Socket.SendTimeout and Socket.ReceiveTimeout used by IronPython socket
module are now implemented. I mentioned these were not implemented in
the last report. Mono revision 62157.
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2006-June/002634.html

IronPython nt module now uses Marshal.GetHRForException method which
is not yet implemented in Mono. I filed Mono bug #78839 for this and
linked a patch that fixes the problem for me.

After applying a patch for #78839, IronPython 1.0 Beta 9 works nicely
with Mono.It passes my informal battery of tests which you can get
here. I must automate running this...
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/fepy/example/

Again, many thanks to hard-working Mono team, in addition to
incredible IronPython team.

Seo Sanghyeon