[IronPython] Can not use httplib in ironpython beta9?

peter lin dingyi.lin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 11:03:28 CEST 2006

After reading the tutorial I think it's ok to use httplib, so I write a test
code
to test it with ipy.
I just cannot let it run ok with ipy.
Is something wrong I have done?

My test code as follows

import sys
sys.path.append(r"c:\python24\lib")
import httplib
conn =  httplib.HTTPConnection('www.pchome.com.tw')
conn.request("GET", "/index.html")
r1 = conn.getresponse()
if r1.status==200:
    print r1.read()

Here is the error I found when use ipy.exe

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File c:\dev_tool\IronPython-1.0-Beta9\rsslibtest.py, line 23, in
Initialize
  File c:\python24\lib\httplib.py, line 810, in request
  File c:\python24\lib\httplib.py, line 821, in _send_request
  File c:\python24\lib\httplib.py, line 752, in putrequest
  File , line 0, in Encode##71
LookupError: unknown encoding: idna

but it runs ok and gets the response when i use python.exe to run my test py
code
(remove two lines