[IronPython] When does data binding occur?

jeff sacksteder jsacksteder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:25:29 CEST 2006

In my __init__ method, I create a DataGridview and set it's datasource to a
BindingSource previously created. If the very last line of my __init__ gets
the 'Rows' property of the DGV, it is an empty collection. I can get other
attributes( like 'Name') without any problem. If I get 'Rows' from outside
the __init__ method, I see what I expect.

Is the binding delayed until the method returns? Is there anyway to force
the Rows to be populated so that that can be examined/manipulated before
returning?