[IronPython] IronPython and Swig

Lee Culver t-clacul at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 26 04:42:01 CEST 2006

Actually if this is a Python-based swig DLL then it won't work at all.
IronPython does not support loading of CPython based modules as of yet.
You'd have to ask the team if this is eventually planned.

Trying to do so will result in:

>>> from pyogre import ogre
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line 0, in <stdin>##37
  File [snip]\IronPython-1.0-Beta9\Lib\pyogre\ogre.py, line 4, in
Initialize
  File , line 0, in __import__##7
ImportError: No module named _ogre

Since IronPython can't load .pyd files.

If swig was used to generate a C# library (instead of a Python library),
then it can be compiled into a DLL assembly and loaded exactly as Dino
says below...

-Lee