[IronPython] NET Attributes.

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 26 19:58:21 CEST 2006

Unfortunately, no. Adding .NET attributes on Python classes in IronPython is not possible.

Somewhat similar Pythonic thing is function and method decorators:

@command("MyCommand", CommandFlags.Modal)
def RunMyCommand():

However, this will not interoperate well with .NET since .NET is not aware of the decorator mechanism.

For more information, you can check out: http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/node6.html

There is another option to use function doc strings, but that would be more complicated to use and I'd probably use it as one of the last resorts.

Martin