[IronPython] IronPython & Windows Forms IV

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 16:25:04 CEST 2006

2006/6/3, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>:
> *We take the 15 pixels off the height of the form to account for the
> title bar.*

Oops. Missed that.

> On windows ``self.Height`` includes the title bar - so the two panels
> have to be a bit less than half the height of the form. I couldn't see a
> Form property that would tell me the *visible* height of the form.

I see. On X-based systems, apps have no business dealing with the
title bar or the window decoration -- that's the job of window
managers.

> It looks like it would be better on Mono with just  :
> (self.Height / 2)
> (Which is more sensible) Can you take screenshots of that and I'll
> include a note.

Done. Uploaded to the same place. As I have 1024x768 screen this time
and the form wouldn't fit with 1/3 of screen width and height, I
changed it to 1/2 as you suggested.

Seo Sanghyeon