[IronPython] IronPython versus Tkinter...

Kevin Bjorke KBjorke at nvidia.com
Sun Jun 4 20:12:38 CEST 2006

Any clues on running this under Beta7, or is it currently
non-functional?

I want to be able to run a GUI under both IronPython and Cpython since
my app's intent targets two different kinds of host machine.

Current behavior:

I have a Tkinter app called "smtk" which I call from this shell:

import sys

addThesePaths = ['c:\\Python24\\lib',
    'c:\\Python24\\lib\\plat-win',
    'c:\\Python24\\lib\\lib-tk',
    'c:\\Python24',
    'c:\\Python24\\lib\\site-packages']

for p in addThesePaths:
    print "Adding %s" % (p)
    sys.path.append(p)

import smtk

Which works fine in cpython but under IronPython I get:

Adding c:\Python24\lib
Adding c:\Python24\lib\plat-win
Adding c:\Python24\lib\lib-tk
Adding c:\Python24
Adding c:\Python24\lib\site-packages
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File e:\devrel\Playpen\kbjorke\python\ipsm.py, line 13, in Initialize
  File , line 0, in __import__##3
  File e:\devrel\Playpen\kbjorke\python\smtk.py, line 3, in Initialize
  File , line 0, in __import__##3
  File c:\Python24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py, line 38, in Initialize
  File , line 0, in __import__##3
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

Am I missing some important path or step?

Thanks
KB: