[IronPython] Improving performance with stronger typing

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 6 11:02:20 CEST 2006

Keith J. Farmer wrote:

>I can see it for primitive types, but not in general.

It sounds very interesting though. For circumstances where you are
prepared to guarantee the type of objects (and the range of operations
permitted on them), sacrificing dynamicity for speed sounds like a good
trade off.

I've half had it in mind to write a compiler for a Python subset (as an
IronPython extension) that works similarly. Having no academic
background in the subject anything I did would be quite naive...

Michael Foord