[IronPython] Improving performance with stronger typing

Harry Pierson Harry.Pierson at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 6 19:32:59 CEST 2006

VB.NET supports this kind of strong duck typing today. Furthermore, the next version of VB will support interface based duck typing, which combines strong typing benefits like intellisense with traditional duck typing benefits. Under the covers, the VB.NET compiler is generating reflection code to make the duck typed calls. Check out the "Dynamic Interfaces" section of  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/vb9overview.asp <http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/future/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/vb9overview.asp>  for more details.

Harry Pierson
Architect
Microsoft Architecture Strategy Team
email:                    hpierson at microsoft.com
IM/email:              harrypierson at hotmail.com
weblog:                 http://devhawk.net <http://.devhawk.net/>
phone:                   425/705.6045
Make Trouble and Good Things Will Happen