[IronPython] CPython reflector (work-in-progress)

Jonathan Jacobs korpse-ironpython at kaydash.za.net
Thu Jun 8 16:02:46 CEST 2006

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> This is a CPython reflector, using ctypes. With ctypes for IronPython
> I posted today, this can be run both on CPython and on IronPython.
>
> When finished, this should allow importing CPython native modules in IronPython.

This is a very cool idea, except I'm running into an issue. I've made a
modification to reflect.txt, I changed the DLL name from "libpython2.3.so" to
"python24.dll".

(creflect.py is your reflect.txt attachment with my modification, ctypes.py is
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/fepy/lib/ctypes.py)

 >>> import creflect
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File , line 0, in PyInt_AsLong
   File , line 0, in <stdin>##5
   File , line 0, in __import__##3
   File C:\Documents and Settings\JJ\Desktop\IronPython-1.0-Beta7\creflect.py,
line 64, in Initialize
   File C:\Documents and Settings\JJ\Desktop\IronPython-1.0-Beta7\creflect.py,
line 62, in cimport
   File C:\Documents and Settings\JJ\Desktop\IronPython-1.0-Beta7\creflect.py,
line 47, in unwrap
   File ctypes, line unknown, in __call__
   File C:\Documents and Settings\JJ\Desktop\IronPython-1.0-Beta7\ctypes.py,
line 84, in __call__
StandardError: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

(Bit of a bizarrely structured stack trace!)
--
Jonathan

When you meet a master swordsman,
show him your sword.