[IronPython] Choosing the right overload

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Sat Jun 17 18:28:41 CEST 2006

At 01:21 PM 6/16/2006, Jonathan Jacobs wrote (in part)
>J. Merrill wrote: (in part)
>> I don't know if C# allows overloads that are identical except for out-ness -- can you have both
>>    int Foo(string x, out int blah)
>>and int Foo(string x, int blah)      ???
>
>Apparently you can.

If that's the case, then it's possible that the design of __overloads__ needs to be changed -- the current key defn of "tuple of types without indication of out-or-ref" may not be sufficient.

Martin / Dino / Jim -- could one of you chime in on this?

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp