[IronPython] Remoting: Marshal object

Ralph Soons ralph.soons.asml at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:04:02 CEST 2006

I have a remoting problem again. I want to create an object at server side,
as singleton so when a call is done at client side, ill get the already
existing object. I tried it first with a c# server and client.

Can anyone tell me why the marshal function doesn't work, objects on server
and client side are still different (same code works in c# application so
configuration is correct):

Client side (Python):
t = RemotingServerClient.CallbackSink.Instance
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.Marshal(t, 'TalkIsGoodToo')

Server side (c#):

Remotable object (c#):
public class CallbackSink : MarshalByRefObject
        private static CallbackSink m_Instance = null;
        public event delCommsInfo OnHostToClient;

        public static CallbackSink Instance
                if (null == m_Instance)
                    m_Instance = new CallbackSink();
                return m_Instance;

        private CallbackSink()
        { }

        public void Send(string message)

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Ralph Soons

Talk with your online friends with MSN Messenger