[IronPython] the new version cannot find an overload for ToolStripItemCollection.AddRange when using a list

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Jun 20 17:29:51 CEST 2006

Yep, this is part of our tightening down our conversion & method dispatch logic.  We thought the implicit conversion from a List to an array was a little evil.  The array could be updated inside of the call and the user's list wouldn't be updated.  A caller w/ a tuple doesn't expect to see their tuple updated, and therefore that is an acceptable conversion.