[IronPython] Serial Ports

jeff sacksteder jsacksteder at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 19:40:18 CEST 2006

For the sake of those reading this later-

The trouble with my previous example is that the ReadLines() method of a
serial port expects a simple newline(\n), while the return key in Windows
Hyperterminal sends a carriage return(\r) only. I'm not sure if this
behaviour is because of the CLR or of IronPython, but it was not what I
expected. Set the NewLine attribute of the serial port instance to your
preferred delimiter to change this if necessary for your application.