[IronPython] odd IronPython behavior?

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 03:30:30 CEST 2006

On 6/26/06, JoeSox <joesox at gmail.com> wrote:
> In short, I am observing IronPython completely go thru the below
> method and only to return empty, while other Python environments
> return a value and exit on the first return statement.  I believe this
> may be some sort of bug. Can someone confirm this for me, otherwise I
> will need to troubleshoot this more. "filename" is assigned with one
> file name in both IronPython and Python.  I don't know if
> os.listdir(path) is operational in IronPython or I am not loading
> paths in there or what.

After setting some break points in a file named __init__.py in
ConceptNet's directory named montylingua, it seems when "import
MontyLingua" is called in a Python environment(and in IronPython if I
just append the path and call the import) the file is accessed and it
only has three lines of code:
import os
os.environ['PATH'] = os.environ.get('PATH','')+';./montylingua;'
import MontyLingua

However, in my project it is not getting accessed, so it is probably
something I am doing. Thanks.
--
Later, Joe