[IronPython] "no module named win32api" using PyWin32-208

Mike Raath raathm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:01:03 CEST 2006

Thanks, Dino, I'm looking at that. (It's a .pyc, btw)

A bit of background - I've got some Python script running server-side which
does screen-scraping based on definitions in a MS SQL Server db, and I'm
trying to come up with a maintenance app where an administrator can define
the screen-scraping, and view the effect of their definition. The server
script uses COM ADO through the win32 extensions, and the admin app is in
.Net. I was hoping to be able to use the Python classes as-is, but I can
modify the .py file which will live with the webapp slightly so that it uses
.Net ADO, or even COM ADO.

It's a great product, by the way. Just one thing - I've been reading about
how IronPython is pretty fast, but I've come across an area where it's quite
slow. It seems that creating a BeautifulSoup object to parse a web page is
slow; not sure if that's something you'd like to benchmark.

Cheers,
Mike