[IronPython] Fwd: mimmicing vb assembly info

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Sun Mar 5 22:49:00 CET 2006

As of now, IP has no mechanism for generating attributes -- so you cannot do this purely in IP.

What is the interface that Rhino expects a plugin to implement?  You could build a VB.Net library that implements it, and does its work (when called) by calling IP code with the PythonEngine class.

Good luck....

At 12:47 PM 3/5/2006, Jelle Feringa / EZCT Architecture & Design Research wrote
>Dear Group,
>

>I'm making an effort building a simple .Net plugin via IronPython, just to see whether IP will suite my needs.
>Doing reasonable well, although I'm not sure how I could mimic the following
><http://VB.NET>
>VB.NET code:
>
>----------
>  Imports System
>  Imports System.Reflection
>  Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
>
>  ' General Information about an assembly is controlled through the following
>  ' set of attributes. Change these attribute values to modify the information
>
>  ' associated with an assembly.
>  ' Review the values of the assembly attributes
>
>  <Assembly: RMA.Organization("My Oranization Name")>
>  <Assembly: RMA.Address("123 Developer Lane" & Vbcrlf & "Developerville USA")>
>
>  <Assembly: RMA.Country
>("United States")>
>  <Assembly: RMA.Phone("206-555-1212")>
>  <Assembly: RMA.Fax("206-123-4567")>
>  <Assembly: RMA.EMail("support at make
>_a_rh_plugin.com")>
>
>  <Assembly: RMA.WebSite("<http://www.make_a_rh_plugin.com>http://www.make_a_rh_plugin.com")>
>  <Assembly: RMA.UpdateURL
>("<http://www.make_a_rh_plugin.com/myplugin>
>http://www.make_a_rh_plugin.com/myplugin")>
>

>  'The following GUID is used as the Rhino Plug-In unique ID
>
>  <Assembly: Guid("5FB01338-E5AA-4118-9BB6-C931A9568DFB")>
>
>This code is needed to have the plugin accepted by the application (rhino, an excellent cad modeller).
>I'd appreciate any ideas on this.
>

>Apologies for such a boring first post on this list...
>
>cheers,
>

>jelle

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp