[IronPython] IronPython IDE

Ray Vernagus Philosopher.Coder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 02:36:11 CET 2006

Recently there was some discussion about which IDE's people were using for
programming in IronPython. I apologize if this is already well-known or if
it has been mentioned before but I wanted to share a discovery that I made
today.

I use Eclipse ( http://www.eclipse.org/ ) and PyDev (
http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/ ) for my CPython programming and until Beta4, I
was unable to use this setup for IronPython. It was either an update to
PyDev or the Beta4 of IronPython that gave me the ability to use
IronPythonConsole.exe as my Python interpreter. If you were running into the
trouble that I had run into, you should update PyDev and try using Eclipse
as your IDE.

Code completion is a bit laggy at times and you may end up just turning it
off. But all in all, IronPython in Eclipse is an enjoyable experience.
--
Ray Vernagus