[IronPython] can't import nt

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Mar 30 00:34:02 CEST 2006

Why does or why doesn't it?

The reason it doesn't have its on os module is that this is a Python module written entirely in Python, and we're focused on re-creating the core runtime.

The reason why we change our name between nt & posix is because there isn't a cli platform that the os module recognizes.  The standard os module also makes decisions based upon how paths should be formed based upon what module it finds.  So we re-name it to be compatible w/ the platform we're running on.

Ideally we'd have a cli os that would then consult the CLI way of getting the path separator, but renaming nt to posix was a better short term way of dealing with this.

Do you want to help develop Dynamic languages on CLR? (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038)