[IronPython] How to use IP as default Python engine?

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:02:16 CEST 2006

On 3/30/06, Albert Einstein <porkone at wp.pl> wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to use IP as default Python engine. That means I would like to run IP scripts using doubleclick or just 'enter' on script file or right mouse button and 'open with'. Now I have to run IP console and then 'import myModule'. Is it possible?
> p.s. sorry for my english ;)

I believe using PythonEngine, or the stream support(beta5 if I
understand correctly) will work for what you are asking.

If you are using MS VS, take a look at my IronTextBox (v1.1.5 now) control

It uses a PythonEngine to bypass the Console.  It would have been
better if I could devote more time to it.  Whenever I get spare time I
try to update it.