[IronPython] IronPython on the .NET Compact Framework

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Thu Mar 30 17:43:59 CEST 2006

It's not going to work.  One of the (I believe few) things that IP uses that's not supported in CF is critical -- generating code "on the fly" using new-in-2.0 functionality.

This might be the time to tell (complain to) Microsoft that they need to provide that in CF.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a CPython implementation for Windows smartphones -- it might be runtime-only.  Good luck.

At 10:23 AM 3/30/2006, Dan Shechter wrote
>I was wondering the same thing yesterday...
>However, I already have a PocketPC with Compact Framework so I will try
>To get it working there this weekend...
>
>        Shechter.

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp