[IronPython] NameError

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 30 23:13:49 CEST 2006

Yes. We had discussions with the standard Python developers and Guido about it, actually. The language spec states that assignment is binding and if binding appears in a block (class body being block), all references to the name are local within the block. It was not clear whether it was a language spec bug or a implementation bug, but Guido ruled that it was a spec bug and the Python implementation is correct. We'll be fixing this soon.

Martin