[IronPython] Getting attributes from instancemethod (patch)

Predrag Radovic predrg at gmail.com
Thu May 11 00:24:26 CEST 2006

The patch (instancemethod_getattr.txt) works! (on .NET 2.0 and IronPython
1.0 Beta 6)

I tested it with CherryPy 2.1.0 and its tutorials. Simple tutorials
generally work. (6 works / 4 fails)

Sometimes strange thing is happening when CheeryPy 2.1.0 starts serving. Up
to 10 initial connections/requests could be queued somehow, then rapidly
processed. For every of these initial requests following exception is
produced:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cpwsgiserver.py", line 190,
in write
    self.send_headers()
  File "D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cpwsgiserver.py", line 208,
in send_headers
    self.wfile.write(self.environ["SERVER_PROTOCOL"] + " " + self.status +
"\r\n")
IOError: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established
connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

After this strange initial period, normal (successful) immediate processing
is performed for every request I manually initiate from the browser.

Manually initiated (Ctrl+C) shutdown works but before process exits I must
perform one more request to unblock further execution to exit.

Blocking could be related to threads and sockets somehow.

General performance remarks (compared to CPython2.3):
-slow loading
-slow execution
-more then 100MB RAM allocated (CPython takes less then 20MB)

I tried running CherryPy 2.2.1 (with your patches applied) and from what I
can see in the log and exception tracebacks it loads but there are some
problems (maybe related to network communication). Then CherryPy 2.2.1
starts continuously returning 500 Internal Server error. I'll check it more
carefully soon.

What is the more complex CherryPy application you would test first as soon
as we get confidance that basic CherryPy stuff is working?

Predrag