[IronPython] Line numbers in snippets...

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Tue May 16 17:50:28 CEST 2006

Shouldn't all Python errors (not just Synax) provide the filename & line number?  Column number would often be less important, particularly for run-time (vs compile-time -- e.g. not Syntax) errors.

As a practical matter, how can it be that a PythonNameError exception doesn't provide a way to get at the name that couldn't be resolved?  What more important bit of info could there be?  (But I haven't looked to make sure that the name is NOT available in the latest IP.)

At 04:55 PM 5/15/2006, Dino Viehland wrote
>Ahh, ok...  Can you wrap the user code you run w/ more python code?  If you could then you could do:
>[snip]

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp