[IronPython] Visual studio "edit and continue"

Christopher Baus christopher at baus.net
Sat Nov 4 17:46:31 CET 2006

Is there any "edit and continue" functionality for the VS IronPython
integration?  I don't know if I have the IP integration installed
correctly, but I couldn't get it to work.  I think this would be the
killer feature for IronPython since theoretically code completion could
work with the dynamic type information.  Plus writing code while executing
it is a huge advantage of dynamic languages.

Overall though I'm impressed with the platform.  The work to allow both
pure python development and python/.net development (eg import clr) is
appreciated.  It makes me feel confident that the project is heading in a
direction I can be happy with over the longer term.

Thanks,
Chris

http://baus.net/