[IronPython] garbage in the source file

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Nov 10 03:40:08 CET 2006

The characters are there to ensure that we don't have a clash between these argument names and a users named argument names.  For example if it was just "args" and you attempted to pass a keyword argument named "args" we would think we got two values for args.

The characters are specified using the \u.... syntax so that the files don't have to be stored as Unicode files with a specified BOM.  This compiles just fine w/ csc (there was a report that Mono was having problems with it - not sure if that's still the case).  We recently ran into an internal tool that didn't like it and we've switched to using a Latin-1 character I believe instead although I'm not sure if that'd help you.

You can always remove the characters from the file if you're having issues with some other tool and change the argument name to something really long and strange.