[IronPython] Receiving command line arguments

Alex Li likwoka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:31:54 CET 2006

Hi all,

I am on Windows XP.  I wrote a IronPython script that I want to run
from anywhere on my file system.  So I associated the extension (I use
.ipy since I already have .py asscoiated with python.exe) with ipy.exe,
and put my IronPython script into the search PATH.   Now when I open a
command line console anywhere in the file system, I can called my
script directly without typing ipy.exe in front.   However the command
line arguments are not being passed to either sys.argv or
System.Environment.CommandLine.

Now if I call my script with ipy.exe (and with full path to my script),
then those command line arguments would show up.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Alex