[IronPython] Python Cryptographic Toolkit for IronPython

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:43:36 CET 2006

Python Cryptographic Toolkit is what you expect it to be.
http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto

One part of it is block encryption algorithms, like AES and DES. It
follows PEP 272, API for Block Encryption Algorithms.
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0272/

I wrote a simple wrapper transforming any .NET classes subclassing
SymmetricAlgorithm in System.Security.Cryptography to PEP
272-compliant block encryption module. Here it is:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fepy/trunk/cli/cipher.py

And here is a test script I used to test it:
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fepy/trunk/example/cipher_test.py

To use it,

import cli
cli.install('cipher')

That's all! This performs some magic to insert modules created from
Rijndael, DES, TripleDES classes to Crypto.Cipher package namespace as
AES, DES, DES3, as you would expect from pycrypto. So you don't need
to modify your existing Python sources!

This will be included in the next IPCE release.

Thanks!

--
Seo Sanghyeon