[IronPython] Differences between cpython and ironpython

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Nov 16 20:48:30 CET 2006

#1 is (largely) due to compilation time.  I suspect we may look at something around this for v2.0 (for example maybe caching compiled files - which won't make it faster the 1st time, but at least additional times it'll be better).

I've added #2 & #3 to bug 697 (http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=697).

For #4 could you vote for this bug?  http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=2988  With CodePlex's new voting system this is a great way to raise visibility of bugs.

#5) We ran into this one internally recently too.  I've opened bug 5711 http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=5711

#6) I've opened bug 5712 for this one: http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=5712  I'll need to look at this one closer.