[IronPython] Standard Python Debugging not supported

Douglas S. Blank dblank at brynmawr.edu
Wed Oct 4 21:44:36 CEST 2006

Just thought that I would mention that we are awaiting implementation of
sys.excepthook so that we can override the standard unhandled exception
handing to provide students with more information on their errors. It
isn't a big rush, as we may use CPython in the Spring, but if this were
addressed sometime in the next 6 months, we'd be happy.

(FYI: we'll be using IronPython to control robots for intro computer
science courses. The project, called Myro, is planned to be able to
control most popular robots, and will take advantage of Microsoft
Research's Robotics Studio as well. See http://www.roboteducation.org
for more info.)

Thanks,

-Doug