[IronPython] Standard Python Debugging not supported

Nathan R. Ernst ernsnat at iit.edu
Fri Oct 6 02:24:26 CEST 2006

I don't mean to flame, but Python protocol dictates that methods/members
preceded by "_" are generally not supposed to be referred to.  I guess you
could kind of consider them 'protected', whilst members preceded by a
double-underscore are considered 'private' (despite being accessible if you
de-mangle the names manually).

Perhaps the modules relying upon behavior supplied by these modules should
have defects assigned against them for using these methods, as well?  If its
generally accepted that a Python implementation should provide methods
prefixed by "_" on built-ins, maybe they ought to be moved towards more
prominent, public names?

Just some random thoughts on the topic...

-Nathan