[IronPython] Using 3rd party Python modules

André Körbes andre.korbes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 20:37:18 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm new to IronPython and have a little knowledge using Python, but I have
some experience with C# and the .Net Framework. I'm trying to develop an
application to capture a webcam frame, process it and display some results.
The point is that I want to use some common and very practical Python
modules to do so, like VideoCapture and PIL. Is there a way to use these
modules on IronPython? When I try to import them I get some error message,
like:

ImportError: No module named vidcap

It seems to find the .py files, but not the associated DLL. Is there some
other configuration that can be done besides the one in site.py to make
IronPython see default Python modules?

Tks all
André