[IronPython] S3, boto, and strftime with %X

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 19:48:29 CEST 2006

Hi Seo,

Yeah, Mitch posted an updated fix within an hour or two after I updated him
with your response in the AmazonAWS forums.  Definitely a quick reaction! :)

I've been out for most of the week, and haven't had much of a chance to come
back to this, but I did run into an issue with the usage of the expat
xml.sax parser (unknown 'intern' keyword.  I can provide extended error
information if necessary) when attempting to parse the response XML from
AWS.

Is this something you encountered and were able to work around (via your
pyexpat module possibly?)

On 10/21/06, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/10/16, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com>:
> > boto is a Python interface to Amazon Web Services, available here:
> > http://code.google.com/p/boto/
> >
> > boto has a bug. boto uses strftime with %X format string to generate
> > Date header, but Python Library Reference doesn't guarantee any such
> > thing for %X.
>
> boto 0.4b is now released with the fix for this bug. Thanks to Mitch
> Garnaat for the quick reaction!
>
> http://boto.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/dist/
>
> --
> Seo Sanghyeon