[IronPython] Change in behaviour

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Wed Sep 6 20:15:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

congratulations on the 1.0 release!

Today after downloading the 1.0 release and trying it with my
experimental readline code I got a crash when trying to get a reference
to the PythonCommandLine object. The minimum code example that shows
this behaviour:

in file prov.py:

import clr
clr.AddReference("ipy.exe")
import IronPythonConsole
print IronPythonConsole.PythonCommandLine.MyConsole

which gives the following result using IronPython-1.0

C:\IronPython-1.0>ipy -i prov.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File C:\IronPython-1.0\prov.py, line 4, in Initialize
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PythonCommandLine'
 >>> dir(IronPythonConsole)
['BasicConsole', 'IConsole', 'Style', 'SuperConsole', '__builtins__',
'__dict__', '__name__']

With IronPython-RC1 I get the following:

C:\IronPython-1.0-RC1>ipy -i prov.py
IronPythonConsole.BasicConsole
 >>> dir(IronPythonConsole)
['BasicConsole', 'IConsole', 'PythonCommandLine', 'Style',
'SuperConsole', '__builtins__', '__dict__', '__name__']

Is there a new way to get to the commandline object now or some other
fix I can do?

/Jörgen