[IronPython] Question for Sanghyeon Seo on porting projects

David Welden dwoogle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:57:13 CEST 2006

First a comment: Absolutely wonderful stuff you have been doing (socket,
db-api, etc.)! Please keep up the good work.

And now the question: I notice you have begun some exploratory work on a
port of ctypes. I would like to use this to port one of my ctypes interfaces
to Iron Python, but alas, I am not a very experienced C or C# programmer and
have not the knowledge to build on your foundation. Do you (or Thomas Heller
perhaps) have any plans to move forward on this? Specifically, I would like
to see support for structures, unions, and arrays. Not sure how much help I
could be in the coding, but I would be happy to try out some unit testing
for you if that would assist.

Thanks again