[IronPython] Question for Sanghyeon Seo on porting projects

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:16:45 CEST 2006

2006/9/12, David Welden <dwoogle at gmail.com>:
> And now the question: I notice you have begun some exploratory work on a
> port of ctypes. I would like to use this to port one of my ctypes interfaces
> to Iron Python, but alas, I am not a very experienced C or C# programmer and
> have not the knowledge to build on your foundation. Do you (or Thomas Heller
> perhaps) have any plans to move forward on this? Specifically, I would like
> to see support for structures, unions, and arrays. Not sure how much help I
> could be in the coding, but I would be happy to try out some unit testing
> for you if that would assist.

Yes, I have plans to move ctypes.py forward, and current target is to
support structures and function pointers.

The current blocker is lack of time. A possible solution to the
current blocker is to stop procrastinating, which is known to be
extraordinarily difficult.

I will let you know (and others on this list) if I get to anything
interesting to be tested.

Seo Sanghyeon