[IronPython] Trac, Genshi, AST, etc.

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 12:15:58 CEST 2006

One thing that occured to me:  Another possibility is to the use the javahl
code base that ships with Subversion, run it through the IKVM.NET (
http://weblog.ikvm.net for the latest bits) ikvmc compiler, and then utilize
the resulting assembly as the interface into SVN.  It seems that one key
advantage to this approach is the fact that the javahl bindings are more
likely to be up-to-date with the latest features of SVN.

On 9/14/06, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/9/14, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com>:
> > Hey Seo,

> > subversion libraries like NSvn.
> >
> > I need this for other projects, and plan to take a first stab at it
> before
> > too long.  If/When I do (If would be if you beat me to the punch, which
> for
> > obvious reasons would be fine by me :) I will point you to it.
>
> I think there's some misunderstanding here.
>
> I intend to write a Trac-specific VC plugin which provides
> IRepositoryConnector API for SVN. I do not intend to write a
> full-blown pysvn replacement. So I wonder why you "need this for other
> projects", as it won't be useful outside Trac.
>
> In my opinion, writing a pysvn replacement would be a bit insane thing
> to do. pysvn is very big and comprehensive library ranging from
> low-level to high-level. On the other hand, Trac VC API needs only a
> little bit of information from version control plugins, which can be
> done without following intricate details of Subversion C library and
> APR(Apache Portable Runtime) too closely.
>
> Anyway, if you have something to test, don't hesitate to let us know.
>
> Seo Sanghyeon

/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354