[IronPython] .NET attributes

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Sep 15 16:52:33 CEST 2006

Unfortunately, CPython only allows the decorator syntax before a function declaration...  You could always manually call the decorator function w/ the class object and see what you get back though.

Charlie's earlier point about all the different targets is a really good one though - worse than even properties are things like arguments, return types, etc...  that won't fit in at all w/ decorators.  You could imagine allowing the syntax anywhere, but there'd be no way to disambiguate between a return decorator and a function decorator in Python.