[IronPython] DB-API for IronPython, odbc and sqlclient

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:04:11 CEST 2006

Mark Rees wrote, debugged, tested, and sent me a DB-API driver for
ODBC and SQL server, based on my generic_connect, and fixes needed to
dbapi.py. Thanks!

Get them here:

It seems that one needs to set Transaction attribute of DbCommand
explicitly after doing CreateCommand on DbConnection.

However, all open source ADO.NET connectors I tested (MySQL,
PostgreSQL, SQLite) didn't need this step as they defaulted to the
"current" transaction of the connection the command was created from.
But ones in MS.NET do.

Seo Sanghyeon