[IronPython] Cheetah works on IronPython

Russell RRLear at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 18:18:42 CEST 2006

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> Cheetah is a template engine written in Python: http://cheetahtemplate.org/
>
> IronPython is an implementation of the Python programming language
> running on .NET: http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython
>
> I tested Cheetah 2.0rc7 with IronPython 1.0 for a while, and it seems
> to work nicely. Here is a sample code I used to test. It should print
> environment variables.

I'm new to IronPython, so I'm probably missing something terribly
obvious!  My problem is that I'm unable to get Cheetah even close to
working - which is unfortunate since I do use Cheetah.

I've gone through the IronPython tutorial and written some C# to work
between the two worlds.  Things (mostly) work.  I can import and use
the fundimentals like StringIO, sys, os, os.path, logging, re....  but
some things just won't import.  In particular, importing urllib2 or
Cheetah will fail because md5 can't be found.  I suspect I'm not
setting my sys.path correctly, but it looks like it should work.

I'm using IronPython 1.0.60816 on .NET 2.0.50727.42 with Python 2.4.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Russell.