[IronPython] Line numbers missing from tracebacks with fepy 1.0, Mono 1.1.17

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 09:09:25 CEST 2006

On 9/23/06, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:
> From the IronPython side you can look at Ops.UpdateTraceBack.  This is called
> during fault blocks (catch & rethrow blocks in dynamic methods) to store line number
> information when we have code that PDBs (or whatever Mono uses here) don't provide
> the  necessary debugging information.  If this isn't getting hit you might want to
> check Options.traceBackSupport and make sure it's true.  Hopefully that'll lead
> you to somewhere useful to look on the Mono side.

>>> IronPython.Compiler.Options.TraceBackSupport
True

Looking a bit further - the third result of sys.exc_info() (the
traceback) is always None. Is this the case on .Net as well? I'm not
sure that this is relevant, because the inbuilt traceback code is
dumping out a working traceback (well, aside from the line numbers), I
suspect this is a different problem.

I'm not sure what the options are for debugging C# code under Mono are
- MonoDevelop has an 'import Visual Studio.NET project' option, but
that appears to choke on the project and solution files in IronPython.
Wah.