[IronPython] Saxon8.8N for Mono 1.17.1

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:33:18 CEST 2006

Updated build: http://dev.pypod.net/browser/release/Saxon8.8N.tar.gz

This was built via the MonoDevelop project I just created and checked
into its new and permanent home @
http://dev.extensibleforge.net/browser/trunk/VendorExtensions/Saxonica

You can check it out of SVN via
svn://src.extensibleforge.net/trunk/VendorExtensions/Saxonica

This will access the source code directly from the Saxon SVN
repository (svn external properly) and then use this source to build
the output.  For some reason MonoDevelop doesn't show the files that
are not located in the same top level project folder, but it builds
just fine, so please ignore the fact that there doesn't appear to be
any files in the project folders beyond the project file and
properties folder.

NOTE: You need to unpack the Dependencies.tar.gz file located in the
~/Build directory first before this will build properly.

There is also a VS.NET 2005 project that will build against the same
SF.net-based Saxon repository source.

Once built, the output can be found in the
~/Build/Output/(Mono/(Debug|Release)|MS.NET(Debug|Release)) folders.

I still need to integrate the extensions to all of this, but this
provides a solid foundation of of all of the XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.0, and
XQuery command line tools, the command line test tools, as well as an
IP-based Console app for testing purposes.  It should be pretty
straight forward which is what.

I'll update again once the extension library is built into all of this.