[IronPython] IronPython Samples

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:20:20 CEST 2006

I don't think there is anything there that is really all that specific
to PyPod at all.

My hope is that this will become something that we can all freely use
for whatever we might want.  Making it easy to wrap Python code into
an Atom feed that can then be pointed at, accessed and run locally by
someone else, to then wrap it back up and post it back to the server,
or send it directly via XMPP is pretty much all I have planned.

All of the LINQ stuff will be moved over to ExtensibleForge as that is
really where it belongs (was just too lazy to work from more than one
repository at the same time while I fiddled around with getting LINQ
and XSLT 2.0 extensions functions working via the IronPython command
line.).  If fact all of the Saxon on .NET code is being moved to
ExtensibleForge.net which is what I spent about half of the last 12
hours or so working on >
http://dev.extensibleforge.net/browser/trunk/VendorExtensions/Saxonica

If anybody feels like tinkering around, by all means, use it for
whatever you might want.  If you find you would like to set-up a
sub-domain to call your own, thats fine by me.  Would just need to
know the sub-domain you want and if you want it hosted or if you want
it pointed to your own server.

My personal drive behind all of this is pretty simple:  I've been
taken back by just how wonderful the Python language, and in
particular, IronPython, truly is, and I want to learn as much as I can
in this regard.  This seems like a good way to both learn from folks
such as yourself how to become a better Python developer, and in
return, I can offer of my niche areas of expertise to help enhance the
overall IP experience (Providing the Saxon integration is one the
areas I feel I can be of help)

While the last thing I would want would be to take away from both the
CodePlex project, as well as Seo's project, I don't think this would
take away from either, and instead, potentially an enhancement to both
by providing a simple way to collaborate, and an open interface in
which anyone can play with however they might see fit.

One thing worth noting:  I've now got the code base @
http://dev.extensibleforge.net/browser/trunk/VendorExtensions/Saxonica
linked directly to Seo's code base, and the build process set-up to
access the latest bits in his lib and dbapi directories directly from
the SVN repository on SF, outputting the combined code base into a Lib
directory along with the related executable and dll assemblies. (ref:
http://dev.extensibleforge.net/changeset/937) -- so the collaboration
aspect of this is already proving to work quite well in this respect.

Anyway, with all of this:  Please, have at it.  If you find something
like this useful.. GREAT!  If not, not to worry either.  Its just
something simple than anyone is free to use however they might see
fit.

Let me know if any of you have ideas that you feel would make this
something useful and usable for you personally, and/or the community
at large.

Thanks Michael!

On 9/28/06, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> M. David Peterson wrote:
> > http://dev.pypod.net/ (source can be viewed @
> > http://dev.pypod.net/browser/trunk and checked out via svn @
> > http://src.pypod.net/trunk)
> >
> > The wiki is wide open, and code samples can be attached inline to each page.
> >
> Which part of this wiki (and repository) contains IronPython code
> examples that aren't specific to the PyPod project ?
>
> Michael Foord
> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/index.shtml
>
> > If you have code you want to check into the repository,  register @
> > http://dev.pypod.net/register and then let me know your chosen
> > username and I will add you to the the proper svnauth file.
> >

> > On 9/27/06, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Would be nice if there was a wiki with code samples.
> >>
> >> Alex

/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354