[IronPython] [ANN] IronPython Community Edition 1.0r2

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:52:40 CEST 2006

This is the second release of IronPython Community Edition (IPCE),
1.0 revision 2, based on IronPython 1.0.

Get it here:
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/download/IPCE-1.0r2.zip

Binary is built with Mono 1.1.17.1.

BIG WARNING: it won't work with Mono versions below 1.1.17. Please
don't mail me or IronPython mailing list before checking your Mono version!

IPCE has a new home on SourceForge:
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/

And here's the license and the summary of applied patches:
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/license.html
http://fepy.sourceforge.net/patches.html

Changes in this revision:

* Includes the Python standard library from CPython 2.4.3.
(Not everything is included -- that would be pointless. Those I tested and
work reasonably are included.)

* Includes following CPython-compatible wrappers for .NET library:
md5, pyexpat, select, sha, socket, ssl, unicodedata.

* Includes DB-API wrapper for ADO.NET.

* Includes BeautifulSoup and ElementTree for you to test. (Both work
great with IronPython!)

* Does not include Doc, Src, Tutorial from the original IronPython release.
You know where to get them... Reduces size by about half.

* Extracts to IPCE-1.0r2. (The first revision extracted to IronPython-1.0
and it could overwrite existing installation. Thanks to Anthony Baxter
for pointing this out.)

--
Seo Sanghyeon