[IronPython] FePy SourceForge website updates

Terry L. Triplett c0d3g33k at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 17:25:23 CEST 2006

Your comment seems to directly contradict what Larry Rosen said in the
article.  The article discusses how "give it away to the public domain"
statements aren't licenses (and perhaps even legally risky to the donor),
then ends with the following recommendation:

"If you want to give away software for any use whatsoever, use a simple
license such as the MIT license."

So yes, the MIT license and similar *are* actually licenses.

Not to mention less crude than dropping the F-bomb, which was originally the
point I was trying to make.  The fact that even if elegantly worded the
"DWTFYW" 'license' may not be a good one is a good issue to raise.  Keep in
mind, though, that the author of the license doesn't seem to be a resident
of the US, so none of the above may be applicable.