[IronPython] Automation of Sharepoint Server 2007

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Apr 10 05:09:43 CEST 2007

It looks like there are managed APIs (maybe they're just COM wrappers?) for SharePoint which you could use from IronPython.  A quick search turned up this site http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SharePoint_Automation.asp which is using SharePoint from C#.  From IronPython you would add references to the assemblies via the clr module:

import clr
clr.AddReference('Microsoft.SharePoint')
... and same for the other assemblies they suggest referencing ...

>From there you need to import the appropriate namespaces, e.g.:

import Microsoft.SharePoint as SP

And then you could start inspecting the namespaces and types available:

dir(SP)

and drill down into the available functionality.  That should line up with what you see for other examples of automating SharePoint on the web.